Tuesday, August 14, 2012

The saddest, most pathetic, heart wrenching moment of my parenting....

This morning Jamie woke up crying.  John deals with the kids in the morning so Jamie told him he had a bad dream.  It seemed he was able to shake it off quickly, got dressed and started his day.  An hour later John told me Jamie had a bad dream.  I asked Jamie what it was about and he burst into tears.  Jamie has the ablity to cry huge, giant crocodile tears and that is what started flowing as he cried so hard he could barely talk.  But this is what his dream was about:

"There were bugs.  And they were trying to eat me.  And when I ran away I fell and I looked back and they were coming at me.  And I cried and no one came to help me."

Oh. My. Goodness.  My heart broke.  Into a thousand pieces.  I was acutally upset, angry with myself, that I couldn't have been in the dream to protect him.  Talk about feeling like a bad mom-my precious three year old son was being attacked by bugs, had fallen down, was hurt, crying out for help....and no one came...not even his mother.  I know I didn't do anything wrong but boy did I wish I could have helped.  I hugged that little boy as tight as I could.  I told him I loved him and that I would always be there to help him if I could.  I reminded him that God is always with him.  That He's right there with him, protecting him.  I told him if he ever gets scared he just has to pray and tell God that he's scared and God will be right there to help him and comfort him and protect him. 

Let's hope he doesn't have a dream like that again any time soon.

No comments: