Sunday, February 28, 2010

Birthday Day!

Jamie had a really great birthday day-for both the kids now, John and I try and do something special for them on their birthdays. In the past for Anne's birthdays John has taken the day off and we've taken her places that she would enjoy on her birthday-on her first birthday we took her to the mall to play in the play area, one year we planted a tree with her and last year she went to a jump place. This year Jamie's birthday fell on a Saturday so John already had the day off-we spontaneously decided to go sledding and it worked out perfectly. I bought Jamie a sled the day before-and happened to get one of the last three sleds in the entire store. And Providentially the only sleds they had left happened to be baby sleds-with high sides and a strap to hold them in. So Jamie went sledding and did absolutely great!








Afterwards we headed home and put Jamie down while I made him his birthday cake-a banana flavored cake with cream cheese frosting. And I might toot my own horn here and say that I think it turned out great! One of my best looking cakes, and I know several people really enjoyed the actual cake as well.


After Jamie woke up, my family came over for a little birthday party celebration-just my parents, my sisters and my sister's daughter, Andrina. Jamie had a really fun time opening his gifts-well more accurately looking at the gifts! He had a great time playing in the tent we got him and he also really enjoyed his birthday cake!







He was quite the messy boy afterwards!

So all in all I think Jamie had a great first birthday. It was pretty low key for us-no big party, no big presents (from us) but still, perfect. Happy birthday again Buddy Boy! I can't believe you are one-I am looking forward to so many more things to do with you this coming year!

2 comments:

~ The Coleman 5 said...

What a wonderful birthday and what a great way to spend time with the family. You've got pictures to document it all! I'm glad that you had such a good weekend!

Nicole said...

How fun! I can't believe how different/grown up J looks!