Thursday, February 07, 2008

Slinging successfully

Normally Anne starts crying and pushing away the second the sling gets around her little body-before it even tightens. This baffles me as she was worn probably almost every single day of her life for the first six months. I still try and use the sling now and then. The last time was at the zoo on Christmas eve when she didn't want to be put down buy my arms were killing me. Then we tried at the Superbowl party so I could show my friend how I can still use it with a toddler. Both times were very short lived and she wanted no part of being in the sling.

Today we went to Jewel and right next door is Kohl's. I needed to get things at both stores and being into the green stuff (see post below) and exercising, I wanted to walk to Khol's even though it was chilly out and probably a good 2-3 minute walk. I also had no desire to put her in a stroller because that would have been a huge hassle. So out came the sling, which has a permanent home in my car. In went Anne. The walk to and from Kohl's was pleasant for both of us. I got to cuddle her like I used to when she was a tiny baby in the sling, and she never put up a word of protest. She even enjoyed playing peek-a-boo and hiding under the sling tail. Success!

2 comments:

Heather said...

Fabulous!

Farrah said...

Hooray for sling lovin'!! :) I'm glad you both got some cuddle time.