Thursday, February 07, 2008

Addiction

To ever fulfill my addiction to cloth diapers, and now my growing addiction to all things green, I secretly bought some new cloth diapers. We have tried close to half a dozen different brands of cloth diapers trying to find the ones for us. Recently we've used bum genius which in theory work great, except the elastic on the legs has stretched out in about 50% of our diapers, which means leaks are a lot more likely and, more importantly, John hates them.

A friend of mine had some beautiful diapers at her place that I saw and decided to try out. They are super expensive but I was able to find some on clearance at a store going out of business, so they wound up being the same price as the Bum Genius diapers. We are crossing our fingers that we fall in love with these diapers and they work great for us and that finally we have a solution to our cloth diaper quest.





I mean, come on, when your kid looks this cute in a diaper, how can you possibly desire to go disposable?? And thus our search will continue. In theory, it will all pay off with #2 when we hopefully have found our most favorite diapers, have them in stock, and don't pay a cent with that kid to diaper him for the entirety of his stay in diapes.

2 comments:

splinters and wholeness said...

oh--you said "him"!

Atwood-Family of FIVE said...

I know-it looked and sounded ridiculous saying "him/her" which I originally had so I just randomly picked a sex. :)