Monday, December 31, 2007

Flashback to 1998

Tonight John and I went out to a very early dinner and a movie. As we walked into Bennigans, I hear a waitress at the hostess desk say "Oh no!!!" (or something to that effect), before John and I even opened the second door. One look at the waitress and I saw that it was a very old friend from high school that I haven't talked to in almost 9 years!!! (Oh my gosh! Has it been almost 9 years since I graduated???? How is that humanly possible??) This was a super fun friend I had who made really boring classes very tolerable and fun. She and I laughed through an entire year of Food Science (how lame...but it got me out of biology) and Home Ec, both with Mrs. Rainwaters (ugh).

Turns out on an even weirder scale of seeing her after 9 years, we both have daughters who are only 34 days apart in age! Wow!! How weird, right??

This odd coincidence was nicely capped off by listening to "90s New Years" on Star 96.7 on the way home...as I listened to the music of my high school days and remembered my time there as well.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Weird! What a coincidence about your daughters being so close in age!
I took Food Science too! I had a very tough time in college when I had to take Biology since I'd never taken it before.

Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

Anyone I would know?????