Sunday, November 11, 2007

Keep on keepin on

This week I have done fairly well with controlling my portions and working out. The trip to the clubhouse to use their workout machines with Anne was a HUGE success! Yay! She was perfect in the room. Every few minutes I'd see her waddle over to the door, look out to check I was still within sight and then walk away to play or watch the rest of Sesame St. The only time she had a harder time was when the workout was over, and I was stretching on the floor. then she banged on the door, over and over shouting "Mommy! Mommy!". So I will for sure be taking many more trips to the clubhouse during the week to get a workout in. For those of you interested, I tried a workout I found online at fitnessmagazine.com. It was a walking hill workout. It kicked butt! I was dripping sweat and my heart rate was up to 170! That says a lot considering I'm honestly in excellent health and it takes a lot to get me to sweat and get that HR up there. In case you want to check it out, here it is. I even modified it a bit to stretch it out to 25 minutes and keep me working all the way to the end. I love working out so very much. I get such a high off of it. This week I was able to fit in 4 20 minute+ workouts that got my heart pumping and me sweating.

The food issue has been going well too. I have really tried limiting my dinner intakes and somewhat "counting calories". I only need X amount of calories a day, and I know for a fact, I consistently probably eat 500 over that. It is amazing to me that a sensible lunch that has all the calories I need for lunch is X amount and yet I still feel hungry afterwards. That tells me that I have been eating way too much and have gotten used to it. I've been trying to eat fruit or veggies when that feeling strikes, and it's helped. I have backsliden Friday and tonight though. Hopefully tomorrow I can get back on track. Again, it's just the whole portion control thing. My eyes are opened to how much I was eating. If I had a large dessert and was still hungry, I'd have another complete dessert or even chips or cereal or something, rather than just sitting with that craving and being an adult about it and not giving in. I've been trying really hard to sit with those cravings instead of immediately giving in. And you know what? They pass. I go to bed and wake up and the cravings are gone. They were just a fleeting spark in my brain that needed time to fizzle out. It wasn't a true need. My body didn't desperately need corn chips. It was just a whim. It feels good to let those feelings pass. (As I write this my belly is full of Wendy's spicy chicken, fries and a frostie. Yum.) Anyway, I ramble. The scale has gone down about 1 lb this week. It's stayed there too so I think the working out has really helped. I know me, and I know that habit will stay. If only I can keep up with the portion control and cravings.

No comments: