Sunday, November 11, 2007

Greening my husband out of a job

For those of you sick of getting all those catalogs, not only because they are a complete waste of your time and they make you want things you can't afford and don't need, but also because they are killing millions of trees just so your garbage can has the privilege of being warm this winter, here's a website where you can opt out of receiving the catalogs you choose. Thanks to Niki for sending me the link. I've already opted out of a few, which I definitely didn't need (although Shellie, there were a LOT of cute things in one catalog I was tempted to get for Andrina...). So if you're interested, check it out.

2 comments:

Shellie said...

Everyday we get at least 2 catalogs! Today we got 6 of them! We both hate it, I usually don't even look at them, they immediately get put in the recycling bin with all of the other "junk mail". Once in a great while I'll look at one. Lately Tom and I have saved one each because they were children's toys and had different items in them that we had not seen in stores. That was it. FYI for the environmentally conscience (yes, I know I have a gas guzzling SUV but I have a huge dog too): Catalogs can be recycled! They don't have to end up in landfills. Just put them with newspapers to recycle. And as soon as my favorite SUV comes out in a hybrid version, I'm going to get it instead.

Atwood-Family of FIVE said...

Yep, definitely recycle them, but if you can avoid them coming in the first place, I bet you're saving more trees than if you recycle. Plus, like Shellie, I don't even look at them so to me it's such a waste just to receive them in the first place.