Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Stats

Anne went to the doctor yesterday for shots and a check up. She now weighs 21 lbs 1 oz, 31 inches and her head remains at 19 inches. (I'm a bit doubtful about that and will try and remeasure at home soon). That puts her in the 10th, about 30th, and about 92nd respectively on the charts. So even though her head did not grow (supposedly) in 2 months, she's still in the 92nd percentile for her head! So my girl is very consistent. If any of you mamas out there want to play around with a growth chart, this one is my favorite.

Anne also got shots-Hib and Polio. She's almost caught up on Hib which is good. This is her 3rd set of shots and the first time she reacted badly. I'm wondering if it's because she can remember it. She was very very clingly all yesterday. When I got her from her nap, she would not even let me put her down for even a second for over an hour. Closer to 2 hours. Then it still remained almost as bad, but I was able to put her down at least. I even had to get in the bath with her, which was fine. She also had a lot of trouble walking and standing. I don't know how badly shots hurt but I'm sure it was because of them. And then horrible Mama me, when I strapped her in the booster for dinner, I strapped it down hard on her shot site!!! Oh my gosh!! My poor girl! She started crying and saying "owie!" and when I took her out, calmed her down and tried to put her back, she cried hard and said "Owwie!!" (But once she realized I had loosened it and it didn't hurt she was fine.) I just hope she feels better today.

I will give a complete up date on what she's doing, with her picture, closer to her actual half birthday.

3 comments:

ElanorLayne said...

I remember Elanor's 18 month shots very, very well. Both Jonathan and I were there for them, and she had a nurse that didn't typically do children. She had 4 shots at that time (I think??), and she had all 3 of us grown-ups (even the nurse) in tears. We all felt SO bad for her. I hope Anne is feeling better. . .

Erica said...

Shots are no fun. The aftermath is even worse than the shots themsevles! Melody still needs her 12 month ones. We put them off because of surgery. Did you always plan on delayed vaccinations or did you just decide in favor of vaccinations now? So many people feel so strongly about it in both directions. We're obviously doing them, but I have two friends who aren't at all.

Shellie said...

Getting the babies' vaccinations has the be one of the worst parts of being the parent of a baby. Andrina hated her's; and we opted for the $60 numbing creme too (worked great for the skin, she didn't feel that, she felt it going in the muscle and she cried so hard). I'd rather Andrina pee, poo, and spit up on me than have to experience that again. But of course, she'll have to go through it again! I hope Anne isn't having anymore "owies"! Give her a hug and kiss for me! How many more round total does she have?