Saturday, October 27, 2007

Getting into the spirit

The next 2 months are my absolute favorite time of year. This begins as soon as we start having our first consistent crisp days. That has happened the past week or so. My favorite time of year continues right through til Christmas is over. I absolutely love this time! I love love love cooking, decorating and just generally getting into the spirit of things. I don't go so crazy as to decorate my house for each of the next three holidays-truth be told our decorations are about as lame as they come-but I am really into other things. I coordinate my placemats, towels and napkins according to the season. I buy Anne a Halloween and Christmas outfit, and sometimes I even get John and I special shirts or something to celebrate these holidays. This year Winnie got in on the action. I bought her her very own Halloween Doggie sweater! This is a size large and just barely fits her. It was the biggest size they had. Out of 100 doggie Halloween costumes, there were exactly 2 that were a size large. So it was either this or a bee. But I love this sweater-it was exactly what I wanted. I'm so excited to take Winnie with us trick or treating in a few days!





As you can tell, Winnie shares my enthusiasm for this season as well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what sort of dog is winnie, anyway?

-Rick