Friday, March 01, 2013

First ever-Birthday Interview

I have seen lots of birthday interviews over the past few years.  I've always liked the idea of interviewing your 3 or 4 (or older) year old and then getting to look back and see what their answers were when they were tiny.  I even tried a few times to do the interviews with Anne but I always gave up because it seemed her answers weren't always true.  (Ie-"What's your favorite food?"  Child look around room and names the first thing he sees.)  And that annoyed me.  I wanted the kids to answer for themselves but I also wanted an accurate picture of who they actually were at that age. 

Well, I decided to just bite the bullet this year.  If the answers are outright fibs and figments of their imaginations-so be it.  So here-for the first time in Atwood Family history-is a birthday interview!

20 Questions:  For Jamie on his Forth Birthday

1. What is your favorite color? Blue
2. What is your favorite toy? Batman belt and the house from Anne (see this is one of those fibs-he got both those toys w/in the past 24 hrs and had yet to play with either one!)
3. What is your favorite fruit? Apples and strawberries
4. What is your favorite tv show? Batman
5. What is your favorite thing to eat for lunch? Happy Meals
6. What is your favorite outfit? Skull shirt and jeans (He was wearing the skull shirt and he hates jeans!  I'd have to say he has a pair of red sweat pants that he loves and he likes to pair them with a red shirt)
7. What is your favorite game? Chutes and ladders
8. What is your favorite snack? Cheeze-its; Spiderman Cheeze-its
9. What is your favorite animal? Aliens
10. What is your favorite song? "The new CD" (One of my CDs they had listened to for the first time the previous night.  His actual favorite CD is "Grandma's CD" which he listens to about 2x a day!)
11. What is your favorite book? Spooky Old Tree
12. Who is your best friend? Chad
13. What is your favorite breakfast? Sticky Buns (Another first time that morning)
14. What is your favorite thing to do outside? Play in the snow "brush off all the snow"
15. What is your favorite drink? The purple juice box
16. What is your favorite holiday? Chirstmas and Easter
17. What do you like to take to bed with you at night? Pup-Pup (He wanted to name some other random toy but since he actually does sleep with his lovey-Puppup every night-I had to make him answer this one correctly)
18. What is your favorite thing to eat for dinner? Cheeseburger 19. What do you want for dinner on your birthday? Chicken nuggets and fries
20. What do you want to be when you grow up?  Fireman

We'll be doing Anne's interview next month for her birthday.  I look forward to seeing her answers since I know she's old enough to answer them accurately.  Still, I liked this and I know it will be a lot of fun to look back on it in a few years!

No comments: