Friday, September 07, 2012

Preschool-2nd time around

Yesterday Jamie had his first day of preschool.  It was a half hour "mini session" to meet the teacher, see his classmates and play.  Today is his first "full day" (from 12:30 to 3).  The thing that gets me the most is how quickly it all went by.  From being heavily pregnant with him when I checked out this school for Anne to him being a baby when she went to her first day of 3 year old preschool to Jamie crying when Anne went to 4 year old preschool because his sister left the car and left him alone and then to him breaking down in tears when she went to Kindergarten because he wanted to go too.  I swear to you, that all happened in about 5 seconds.  And it gets me just as much to know about 2 minutes from now Libby will be the 3 year old going off to preschool!  I don't know how time moves so fast.  But all these milestones have certainly made me grab my kids more often and bear hug them.  To kiss their still chubby cheeks before they slim out.  To smell their little boy and girl smell on their necks before they squirm away.  I cherish them all more than I could have 3 years ago.  And I am grateful for that.

Jamie was very happy and excited to go to preschool today.  He went off like a champ, jumped out and was ready to go!  Mommy would have liked a lingering hug but that was not in the cards.   I  know he's gonna have a great day!


Jamie's very first traditional first day of school photo
Outside school on the first day
Playdough
Dress up and pretend
A Construction Worker Doctor-don't we all need one of those?
Before his second day of school-his very first full day of school
Going on in!  All I could do to get him to stop so I could snap a picture!

No comments: