Wednesday, June 06, 2012

Working Mother

I'm a stay at home mom.  I love what I do.  I feel so incredibly blessed to stay home with the kids.  It just hit me recently just how much work I really do.  Take today for example...when a single person or even a couple has to change their sheets they change one bed.  Maybe throw in one load of laundry that has a few pairs of sheets in it.  Me-I have to change FOUR beds!  Two of them are bunk beds which I know is how they sleep in Hell because they are horrible to change.  So not only do I have to change four beds but I also have to wash all the sheets.  Since it's been a while since I've washed the kids' sheets they're the ones getting washed today.  To wash their sheets is 3 loads.  (They each have multiple sets and you can only wash 2 sets at a time since they take up so much room).  Plus I decided that we needed the comforters washed as well since it had been a while.  That's three comforters.  Three more loads of laundry.  So what would take a single person a mere 20 minutes of work (max) to do, it is taking me about 4 hours.  Yes.  I am a working mother.

No comments: