Monday, July 11, 2011

I love her...

Libby is in surgery as I write this. They are probably just finishing everything up even as I type. I hope and pray all goes well and she has the quickest recovery possible. I held her this morning before they put her in the isolette and wheeled her up to surgery. As I held her, I prayed and thought about all the hopes I want to happen in the next few weeks. I prayed for God's protection on her as she was in surgery. I prayed for the surgeon's hands as he worked on her. I prayed that this surgery would work and we would not have to do a third. I prayed for her recovery-that it would go so quickly and so smoothly so that finally my heart cry would be answered and she would be home with me and her family where she belongs. And as I held her and cried for her, I heard so clearly, almost as though it had been spoken, "I love her more than you do." I know that it was the Holy Spirit, reassuring me the He loves her more than I do. And if He loves her more than I do, how can I be afraid? He has a perfect plan for her-I don't know what that plan is, I don't know how it turns out, I don't know if it's the same plan I would choose for her, but I know He has a plan and I know He loves her more than I do or could. And I took such great comfort in that. That knowledge and peace stayed with me through her trip upstairs, as I stroked her head waiting for the surgeons to come talk to us, and as we walked away from her and they wheeled her out to, hopefully, fix her insides. What a blessing God gave me today. His assurance and peace. Thank You.

" 'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the LORD, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.' "
~Jeremiah 29:11

"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb...My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be."
~Psalm 139: 13, 15-16

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

April, your posts bring tears to my eyes. Thank you for sharing all of this with all of us. You are loved.