Tuesday, September 07, 2010

September Resolutions

I've heard for several years now how a lot of people view the fall-with the start of school-almost as a new year. It never really resonated with me until this year. I feel as though I am on the cusp of something new, something fresh and crisp and unblemished. I have resolutions-always reserved for the New Year-running around freely in my head. So what do I hope to see happen this fall? Well:
1. Our Fall Bible Study starts up again this week. I hope I can start doing devotional times again. Something. Bible reading and prayer have been sorely lacking in my life. I hope with the start of the Study, it will trickle down to my personal life too.
2. I hope that the kids and I spend lots and lots of time outside this fall. In the summer we never go to the park mainly because the slides and swings are hot enough that we could bring raw eggs with us and cook them on there for breakfast. I hope we spend lots of time going to the park, walking in forest preserves, hitting up the dog park. Anne is in school 3 days a week and I have to pick her up at 3 pm. Usually she and Jamie are in their rooms doing quiet time/naps until 3:30 or 4. So on school days I always feel like I need to fill in that extra time. I hope we spend most of it at the park or somewhere else outside.
3. I am looking forward to cooking. Yeah, I know, I spent pretty much the entire summer cooking away, but anytime I turned on the oven, it was with guilt-knowing I should really reserve that type of culinary fun for the colder months. We'll they are here! (Practically) So I am looking forward to making lots of yummy muffins, biscuits, casseroles, cookies...I can't wait to incorporate the Autumn harvest too-sweet potatoes, winter squash, apples, pumpkins...my fingers are itching to bake and cook as I type this.
4. As always, I hope that I can start to get a handle on chores. I do chores every day but I'm always behind. Mostly because we go out too much and I spend way too much time on the computer. Maybe I can cut some of that out, get on top of things in the house, and spend sometime in peaceful, personal growth (see #1).

So that's what's been floating around in my head for the past few weeks. Hopes for the coming months. Next week is supposed to be mild and I'm hoping the week after starts the beginning of the crisp air that's here to stay.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

First off, my love of your cooking started with the heroin cake and has only grown, and

second, Sunday mornings at 730 me and friends go walking at the forest preserve by me, i know it's early but you're always welcomed or any other time when i'm off work