Monday, April 26, 2010

So much going on!

We have been super busy in the Atwood house the past month. Anne started soccer and I think she likes it (she seems to say that every class she takes she doesn't like but during classes she smiles and has fun so I'm not sure what to believe) but regardless, I love it! I get to sit outside for 45 minutes, read a book and Jamie wanders around completely content to look at stuff on the ground or play with other people's things. (To which they give him a knowing "I've been there" smile.) Afterwards, there is a park about 100 yards away and we all go and play in the park together until it's time to go home and feed Jamie lunch. I love soccer! If they have a summer session we may very well sign up for that too!




We've also been busy doing my resolution outings. Last week we went to Cosley Zoo in Wheaton which was a huge success. I have only been there once or twice, the last time with Anne she was Jamie's age so it's been a while. I really enjoyed it. It was a bit of a hike for us-nearly an hour-and milking the visit for all it was worth was only 2 hours there, so I'm not sure how often we'll go back, but we had a really nice time. Jamie was a bit clingy that day so he spent some time on my back, which I loved. I love any time he is feeling more baby-like than toddler-like and wants some extra close time with mama. We saw some neat animals-common ones that the bigger zoos don't always have and they were much closer so you got to see them in more detail than you ever would at a bigger zoo.


We've also had a really nice spring here in Chicago land so far. Only a few days of it raining and for the most part the temps have been above normal. Like true Chicagoans, the kids have been wearing shorts and playing with water outside as soon as it hits a balmy upper 60s! We've been going to the park a lot as well as some outside play. So it's been a busy past few weeks, but one full of more than just busyness.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

I've never been there, but you might want to look into the Phillips Park Zoo. It's in Aurora. www.phillipsparkaurora.com

Heather said...

The soccer pictures are sooo cute! The kids look so little with those big soccer balls.
I have been to Philips Park Zoo - it is about 5 minutes from my house. It is cool! There is a neat garden area, Mastodon museum, and big park with playground connected to it. It has a reptil house too.....