Saturday, September 12, 2009

Mama's boy

Can I just say, I am so madly in love with Buddy Boy. I love Jamie so much. He fills all the spaces of my heart that I thought were already filled...no, scratch that, what he has done is expand my heart farther than I thought it could go. It is so true, your heart and your love truly expand as you add children to your family.

Jamie has become such a mama's boy lately and although sometimes it is frustrating that he wants to be held all the time or can only be satisfied by me, mostly it is incredibly fulfilling. John and I were talking today about how when Anne hit the 6 month mark, and was more aware and knew she could do things on her own and not just be subjected to baby needs and comfort, she stopped liking nursing and she stopped liked being carried in the sling (even though she had both of those things in huge amounts her first six months.) Jamie, on the other hand, now that he has hit six months has decided he loves nursing and loves to be carried in the sling. I've already written about how he loves the sling and it has just become more apparent these past few weeks. When he gets in that sling, no matter how tired, how fussy he is, he just instantly gets quiet and wide eyed and cuddles up without a peep. Truly, he would be worn for hours at a time if he could. And nursing has gotten to be really fun lately too. In the morning and in the evening, it has become very obvious that he is nursing for comfort. He nurses well beyond what is "normal" for him and I know he is doing it for comfort. Tonight, he nursed about double the amount of time he normally does, just perfectly content to be held in my arms, drinking my milk, cuddling with me. I don't mean to sound boastful or that my experience is so much better than anyone else has ever had, but for me, this is new and lovely and I am drinking in every one of these moments. I love them.

I love my little Buddy Boy, who the other day while being held by daddy, saw me and literally went "ah, ah, ah" and then lunged for me when I got close. I love that he loves me. I love that he wants to be close to me. I love that he is a mama's boy.

No comments: