Monday, August 24, 2009

Playin' at the park

For whatever reason, we haven't spent much time outside this summer. It is pretty odd, I'll admit, especially because the weather has been so beautiful. Maybe it's because I have a new baby, maybe it's because life has gotten busy, maybe it's because we don't have a double stroller. I don't know why but we haven't. We all trekked to the park this weekend, and I dubbed it Jamie's first time playing at the park. He's gone to the park before, many times. In fact, before he was a week old, he was at the park, in the carrier while Anne and John played and I rested from the 5 minute walk, my abs reminding me I hadn't used them in 9 months and my lower body reminding me I just pushed an 8lb human out of my body less than a week before...

But this weekend, was Jamie's first time truly playing at the park, not confined in a stroller or snuggling in a carrier. He went down the slide with mommy and even was able to go in the baby swing, swinging ever so slightly and me right by, inches away, in case he decided to fling himself backward or to the side. It was a beautiful day and I'm so glad we all got to go and enjoy it. Here's pictures-aren't the kids just so cute?






No comments: