Monday, August 24, 2009

Crawling

Jamie is so very close to crawling. I am amazed. He is only six months old and I think crawling is just a week or so off, maybe closer. He gets up on his hands and knees, tummy complete clearing the floor, and rocks back and forth forcefully. He has no idea to move his hands and legs or to use the rocking to propel himself further, but he's close. This morning he scooted both his legs at the same time forward and then instantly pushed them back. When I leave him alone on a rug or the floor, he moves backward off of it, about 10 feet. He can do complete 360s and rolls around like there's no tomorrow. As of late, I can tell that once he gets going, he is going to be a force to be reckoned with. I know I'm going to be scurrying after him, constantly saving him from fatal danger at every turn. I am grateful he isn't my first baby and I have Anne to alert me to danger as well as to keep him occupied (when need be) as best a 3 year old can. I'm grateful we already have a baby gate, plugs in the outlets and spinny things on the doorknobs. This kids is gonna rip it up...

No comments: