Saturday, June 13, 2009

The best boy

It's witching hour at my house. If you have kids you know what I'm talking about-that time where it's too late for another nap but too early for bedtime and your little ones can feel it. Where everyone is cranky and mommy is ready for the day with kids to be over. Patience is running thin everywhere. Jamie is on his tummy playing with some toys when I leave the room-door shut behind me to prevent the dog from coming in and trampling him. I run around, trying to tidy up a bit as I have a free moment while John is with our destructive daughter at the park. It's been 15 minutes or so and Jamie's been alone the whole while. I'm expecting cries of protest at any minute, so anxiously I come back, open the door and find my little man on the floor, on his blanket, head down, quietly sucking his thumb while he looks around. That's pretty amazing.

No comments: