Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Randomness

I have a lot of thoughts going on right now-in computer addicted-ness terms, lots of Facebook Status updates, but I can't update my status 5 times so I'll do it here.

1. Our ceiling from the new bathroom is leaking into the laundry room. Damn contractor!
2. Yesterday Anne ran around outside-literally-for about 15 minutes straight. It was beautiful to watch. She didn't stop running and shrieking with joy. She talked about it for hours afterwards.
3. I feel bad that a lot of times when we play outside I have zero ability to play with her. I cannot do imagination games. To get me to do it is literally pulling teeth. What else is there to do outside with a 2 year old whose too short to ride a bike but imagination games? Most of the time I wind up sitting down, watching her, fending off her requests to play and feeling more depressed than when we started. I need a structured activity and an end point. I have trouble throwing caution to the wind and just doing whatever-jumping puddles, running with her, playing in a sprinkler...
4. I hope that spring comes early this year. I hope within a few weeks we have a reprieve from the cold weather.
5. I'm 37 weeks today. Yay! I wonder when baby is going to come. I'm getting more uncomfortable physically yet I know my discomfort would be pleasant to some pregnant women who have it much worse.
6. I'm terrified that being so dilated right now and having such a quick birth with Anne equals an excruciating painful birth with this one. I'm afraid it's going to be even quicker, which equals even more pain.
7. I wish I could set the time and date that the baby comes, so that when John leaves the house every morning I'm not afraid it will happen that day and he'll have to rush home. I'm afraid when I go to sleep at night, and am dead tired that I'm going to have the baby and have to muscle through labor, after pains, newborn baby, nursing, and running on no sleep. I want to hibernate and pull my family close to me right now and just wait it out until it happens. I think this is the true meaning of hormonal, intuitive, instinctual end of pregnancyness. If I were on the prairie or caveman times, everyone in the community would know it was coming soon based on how I feel emotionally.
8. I am more hormonal these past few days. I bawled last night after watching a very short clip on that guy who gave the "final lecture" and died of panceatic cancer last summer. Whenever I think about him, I get so sad and cry, yet last night was more intense than it has been.
9. I have no idea what to cook for dinner tonight. We've already made 2 side trips to the store plus our big shopping trip over the weekend so how can I justify yet another trip to pick up something for dinner? We've also had meat 2 days in a row now, thanks to eating out, so I refuse to eat out tonight when the only options are meat.

That's it. That's all that's running through my head. I hate limbo. I need the next phase to come so my family can move forward.

No comments: