Sunday, March 16, 2008

To put your minds at ease

I know everyone is wondering when we are going to get pregnant again. Or perhaps wondering if I am secretly pregnant and keeping it a surprise. With all my talk of babies, I am not surprised there are questions. So to put everyone's minds at ease, I'll be candid and clear up a few questions.

1. I am NOT pregnant. I promise.
2. We are planning to try this summer-after Anne turns 2.
3. The reason for the waiting is mainly because of planning when we want our baby to be born. John and I both agree on several things:
a. We believe all three of us will do better with Anne a bit older. I know it's really popular lately to have your kids 2-2.5 years apart. For John and I that is just too close. As I've said before, we are incredibly grateful to God that He has agreed with us thus far and we have not gotten pregnant since Anne's birth. Our plan is to have our kids 2.75-3 years apart. This seems perfect for us in that they are close enough to be friends and playmates yet far enough apart that Anne can understand more and help out more.
b. We think that having a baby being born between February and June is best suited for us. Given that I believe I am prone to post partum depression and given that during winter most everyone is a little depressed we feel that having a baby at the very end of winter, spring or in the summer is the best case for us. That way I can get out of the house into the nice warm, sunny outside as opposed to being forced inside by the cold and dreariness. Granted with a newborn and toddler I may not want to get outside or maybe can't get out, but at least that choice is mine and is not going to be solely dictated by the weather.

So that's it. We will not deviate from our plan mainly because of those 2 factors. So although the desire to have another baby gets stronger every month, we will keep with our plan and wait. As I've said before, I'm going to enjoy this time-these last few months-before we become a family of 3.5 and then 9 months later a family of 4. After all, didn't John and I have enough excitement the first 2 years of our relationship? We like this calm we are having before the storm.

No comments: