Friday, February 01, 2008

Sliding down the green hill

John and I have been making some choices lately that have taken us backward on our journey of being green. One of those things is the cloth diapers. For some time now John has voiced how much he dislikes them and how he wants to use disposables. For the past week we've been using almost exclusively disposables. The main reason we haven't been using cloth is simply because the elastic in the legs has stretched out completely and so if she wets in a good position it gets her cloths completely soaked. I basically just need to contact one of my many friends and see if they are willing to fix about 8 cloth diapers, naming their price to a point, so we can start using them again with joy rather than dread.

Also, I've started buying individual yogurt again. For a long time, probably 6 months, I had bought it in the large container. There's a few problems with that. First of all, there is very few choices. If I want natural or organic choices, at Jewel, there is almost no choice. The flavor choices consist completely of vanilla or strawberry. Also, there aren't any large containers that are full fat, which I'd prefer Anne to eat. Finally, since I've been trying to lose weight the past month, it's difficult and tedious to measure out yogurt from a large container rather than having the correct serving waiting for me. So the past 2x I've bough yogurt, we've gone with individual containers. I got Anne some special "kids" yogurt, and she can completely feed herself from the container. It is SO cute that alone is worth not buying in bulk and sliding down the hill on my butt. I'm even enjoying the ride for the sight of her feeding herself yogurt. Here's some pictures to prove my point. Keep in mind these pictures are not even close to how cute it is in real life. I got a video of it, so I'll have to post that later.







We do have some ideas for going more green that I will post at a later date, so we aren't completely abandoning it. Have faith in us!

No comments: