Thursday, November 29, 2007

This is HUGE!

Since Anne has learned to talk, I've encouraged her to say 2 word sentences. This has not come for her even though a lot of her peers are doing it. (Though according to the developmental screen, the Denver II, she doesn't need to do it for a while.) Anyway, I always encourage her to say 2 words in conjuction, but she just can't do it. She can repeat both words seperately, but not together. Tonight we were eating mac and cheese and she LOVED it (she ate 2 full bowls of it and a full bowl of applesauce. Talk about toddler gourmet cuisine!). She said she wanted more and I asked her if she wanted more noodles or more applesauce. She said "noodles". Then I said "More noodles?" She said "more noodles". WOW! I was thrilled! Then while I was getting her more a few seconds later, without prompting, she said "more noodles." How great! This is very exciting! Conversation, here we come!

2 comments:

Nicole said...

That's great!

Shellie said...

I remember how she'd only say one word at a time at Thanksgiving. What an accomplishment!