Tuesday, March 18, 2014

St. Patricks Day

There is a great post going around Facebook about bringing down the expectation for Holidays.  I love it.  I can't believe the hype that is going into every single holiday these days-made up holidays or real!  It is so much to keep up and most of the time I feel like I'm not even doing the bare minimum that others do.  However, yesterday I did plan an entire day of green food for the kids.  That was it.  No leprechaun visited our house, there was no treasure to be found.  Despite not doing those things I was pretty proud of myself for what I did do and the kids really had a good time w/ their nearly entirely green food day.

Here's what we had:
Apple Jacks with (food coloring) dyed green milk for breakfast

Key lime pie yogurt, green sandwich wrap, green veggie chips, kiwi and green grapes and a shamrock cookie compliments of our amazing babysitter.

Spaghetti with a garlic and olive oil sauce-added some sauteed spinach and pureed it to make it more green.  Broccoli and side salad (not shown)

A beautiful girl with a pretty smile and green lips

Leprechaun Float-sprite with lime sherbert

A goofy boy with a straw

Sweet girl just happy to be part of the group

Happy St. Patricks Day!

No comments: