Monday, October 24, 2011

4 Months Old!


Libby is 4 months old! She's been home with us 10 weeks now. Times has flown by. I still think of those first 7 weeks of her life with incredible pain and sadness. I have a hard time going there, thinking about what she went through and what we went through to finally have her home with us. Libby is so special to me and I feel so incredibly blessed that she is ours. I truly think that *she* was a special gift-given to us to make all that we had to go through worth it because, oh boy, is she worth it.

A friend emailed me today and let me know that her sister had a baby who is going through some serious medical complacations. The baby was born this week and is facing a genetic diagnosis that will affect her for the rest of her life. More seriously though, she is facing kidney damage and a heart problem that could result in a heart attack, heart surgery, or even the loss of this baby's legs. What a terrible start to such a precious life and family. Reading this story brought back so many memories of our time in the NICU and knowing what this family is going through was such an eye opener that as hard as it was for us, we were so blessed that Libby's issue was so incredibly minor, easy to fix and not in the least a lasting issue. I will pray for this family and hope that you will think of them and pray for them too. God is good, all the time, even when we have a hard time seeing it or believing it or trusting it.

No comments: