Sunday, August 28, 2011

2 months old

Libby turned 2 months old the other day! It is hard to believe she's two months old because 1. she's only been home with us for 2 week and 2. because of her prematurity she acts like a 3 week old (she's 3 weeks past her due date now). Still, she is 2 months old and in some ways she does act like it. At 2 months old she weighs 6lbs 8oz and is 20 inches long. She has gained 1.5-2lbs since her birth and 1.5 inches in length. Since she has been home John and I have seen so much growth in her both physical and mental. We can tell she has gained weight and is a sturdier baby than she was just 2 weeks ago. We can also tell, without a doubt, that she likes being home much better than at the hospital. She is growing better here at home and she just seems...happier, more content. She has started to look around and notice things these past 2 weeks. She is starting to make cooing noises and she has started to use her hands for comfort. She can track objects 180 degrees while on her back. She can lift her head and turn it from side to side while on her tummy. She can turn to noises that she hears. She also has a very clear preference for me. When she is fussing, either by herself or while someone else holds her, and I take her she immediately stops fussing. She rarely likes being held by anyone else for any length of time and quickly starts to cry until I get her. She is eating 10-12 times a day and I'm happy to say that we are really blessed that she is nursing exclusively. She is awake for just about an hour before she's ready for a nap and then she sleeps for about 2 hours. I wake her from her naps to eat so I don't know how long she would sleep if I let her. She wakes up 2x a night to eat (again we wake her). Usually once a day she has a nice alert period where she's awake and looking around and we can get in a good "play" session. I like her the best during those times. I love seeing her awake and looking at me and trying her hardest to engage with me and the kids and John. She loves being carried in the wrap or sling and will fall asleep almost instantaneously in it. I have started thinking about her as a 3 week old, not a 2 month old (because of the prematurity) and as you can see, in a lot of ways she is much closer to that than her actual age.

We love having her home. It is truly everything I dreamed about every second of every day she was away from us those 7 weeks. I feel so blessed to have her with us and to see her grow and thrive. Happy 2 months baby girl!

1 comment:

Huntingtonbaj said...

are you possibly related to William Atwwod of Washington? I have been trying to find actual relatives because i thing we may have found something that has to do with with your family history, if interested or if theres a relation you can email me at huntingtonbaj@gmail.com. if not sorry for the inconvienence
Sincerely, Brandie