Saturday, January 01, 2011

10K

Another thing I wanted to do this fall was to find a Fall (or Thanksgiving) 10k. It was actually a tough order because all of them seemed to be either on a Sunday (when going to church is pretty much non-negotiable) or in Chicago (which honestly, isn't really an option). I found one though and not only that, it was close to our house-about half an hour away.
I didn't really train for this one in any way other than to add some mileage to my weekly "long" (and I use that term loosely) run. It worked out perfectly that 2 weeks before the run, I got in a 6.5 miler and the week before I was able to "rest" with a 4 miler.
The race itself was tough. It was chilly and drizzled with harder rain at points, non-stop during the race. But I finished, with only 3 seconds over my goal. I wanted to run it in under an hour (6.2 miles) and I finished in 1 hour and 3 seconds! I suppose I'll have to take it!


No comments: