Saturday, January 02, 2010

Update

For my 3rd resolution below, I think I am going to try and work my way through one of my favorite cookbooks Simply In Season. I have made lots and lots of recipes from this book and honestly, I don't think we've had a bad one yet. Even the ones that sound really really really odd (coconut, cauliflower, and lentils? Surprisingly yum! Sweet potatoes in your burrito with cheese and black beans? Even more YUM!). So, in keeping with my desire to try and live more in the moment, live more in the seasons, and thus cook according to seasons I think I'm going to work my way through the recipes and try and cook up most of them-my goal cook about 95% of them cutting out only the ones I won't cave on ingredients-sorry folks, we aren't a soy eating family so tofu is out! As well as venison. I get all my meat from a grocery store, not hunting grounds!

No comments: