Monday, May 11, 2009

Cross your fingers!

For those of you who know me or read my blog with regularity, you know I am addicted to the Internet. I often spend way too much time on it and regret it later. I am constantly trying to find ways to cut back. Well, I have a new way that I've been using for 2 weeks now and so far (cross your fingers and knock on wood) it's been working/helping. I allow myself 3x to use the Internet each day. Believe it or not, I could easily check my email 10x before Anne's nap if I let myself. Not to mention spending 5-10 minutes write people back, looking up something "real quick", etc. Anyway, I allow myself 3x to use the Internet in a day. Preferably I look at it in AM, right after I put Anne down and again when she wakes up. What has made it work so far is that after my 2nd time of checking email, I turn the computer off. That way if I decided to check email at 9 am and again at 10 am...well, now I gotta pay for it and turn the computer off. It's been helping me to not check because I know if I do "just this once" I'll have to turn the computer off and going more than a few hours without checking and I start to obsess. So turning the computer off is a good deterrent, moderator, and punishment when I need it.

And alas, as I type this, this is the 2nd time today I have checked...so...off the computer goes! Chow!

No comments: