Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Bargains of the day

I'll be the first to admit that I have no idea how the people on TV manage to get so much savings out of their coupons. I seem to follow all their tips and yet all I manage to do is get a product for 50 cents off. Go figure. But, today I had a record day of bargains with my coupons. Here's what I got:

-A 20 count package of Electrosol Dishwashing Tablets for $1. Yep, one buck.
-A package of 10 Quaker Oat granola bars for 77 cents. Yup, 77 cents.
-A DiGorno Pizza for $3.50. That's even cheaper than Aldi's copy cat version.

Go April! Now if only I could figure out how to do this all the time...

3 comments:

Heather said...

Those are good deals! Good job!

Shellie said...

What's most helpful is when stores put out their own coupons that you can combine with manufactures coupons. Holidays are a good time when they do this but you've got to check the sales ads and sign up with the stores. Super Target sends theirs in the mail as does Jewel. At Easter time I got so many items with 2x coupons like that, oj, cinnamon rolls, etc. ST also has a baby mailing list, I got several store coupons from them for baby proucts too that I combined with manufactures (like $2off pampers from ST store coupon and $1.50 off with manuf. coupon for a total of $3.50 off one pack of diapers)Also, make sure you go to the younger cashiers, preferably male as they don't seem to give me a hard time with that stuff (or expired coupons). Aldi and dollar stores are still great for prices but somtimes you want name brands. Good Luck! and Congrats on your great deals!

Atwood-Family of FIVE said...

Thanks for the tips, Shellie! I didn't know I could combine store coupons with manufacturer's coupons. I'll keep in mind. The best I seem to do is watching for a sale and using a coupon then. When I have a coupon I'm not sure about I have taken your advice and gone w/ a teenage-looking boy! You're right, they don't seem to notice!