Friday, March 27, 2009

Already?

Today Jamie is one month old! Wow! How did this happen? My little man has changed so much already. Everyday John and I comment on how big he has gotten. The other day, I swore that he had grown in the past 24 hours (and he probably had). I can't believe his newborn days are nearly behind him and he is moving onto babyhood.

We had a doctor's appointment today and Jamie weighs 9lbs 1oz-that's a gain of a pound and a half, exactly the middle of what an "average" baby "should" gain this month. He also grew nearly 2 inches! He is now 22 and 3/4 inches. That is on the high end of average-maybe even above average. The doctor said he was 30% for weight (which I don't think Anne has ever gotten to that high of a percentile ever) and 90% for height-I know Anne has never been there. Wow-my little guy is growing and growing well!


In other achievements, Jamie is super strong! He can lift his head 45 degrees while on his tummy, which is way ahead of the curve. He has just started to smile at us. As stated before, Jamie loves to breastfeed and would be happiest on the breast 24 hours a day or at the least laying next to me so he can smell the milk. I am excited to see him start to smile more and have more of a personality. Sometimes when I look at him, I wonder if he has connected the dots that I am his mother: I am the one who feeds him, changes him, talks to him, holds him, wears him, and takes care of his every need. I'm not convinced he's thought that deeply yet. It's exciting to see him grow; I'm grateful we have a second child and get to savor these days all over again.

No comments: