Sunday, February 22, 2009

Nothing new

We've had a lot of people checking in on us recently asking how things are going and what's new. I thought I should post a quick blog to let you know-NOTHING! This baby is stubborn and wants to stay in where it's nice and warm! I am now 38 weeks and 4 days and although you may think-well she's got a week and a half until her due date, Anne was born on 38 weeks 1 day. My midwife said it's really common for women to feel "overdue" once they pass the mark where they delivered their first. For so long we worried about preterm labor; then last Monday (almost 2 weeks ago) I was checked and was nearly 4 cm and 80% effaced and we thought for sure the baby was coming that week. That week, and more have passed without incidence. So now here we are waiting-knowing intellectually it could be a while more yet feeling anxious in our hearts and wondering when baby is coming. My initial guess, long before the worries of preterm labor and getting checked, was that the baby would come on February 25th, give or take 3 days. Today is the 22nd, the first day of my initial guess. Of course, every week we think that the baby is coming, every weekend we think it's going to be the one and it passes without incidence. So of course, we think that this is the week to have baby. And yet I have a fear that next weekend I'll be posting about our new guesses with no baby in my arms.

And so, like the rest of our friends and family, we are waiting and wondering, guessing when baby will come. One thing I do know, it will come. We just don't know when.

No comments: