Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Dr. Jekel and Baby Hyde

Just as I am literally thinking 12 hours before that Anne might quite possibly be the world's best toddler and that we cannot even consider having another because they could be nothing but horribly behaved when compared to Anne, she changes on me. I think we both woke up with PMS yesterday because we both had bad moods. I can always tell ahead of time when it's going to be a bad day for Anne. She's fussy right from the get go and does not want to be put down from the second she wakes up. So she spent all day yesterday whining and disobeying and I spent all day yesterday telling her not to whine, and let's face it, yelling at her because I too was having a very bad day emotionally. Our bright spot was the bath in the middle of the day (inspired by my friend Kate). Anne splashed and had a grand time for about half an hour, and because I felt like I'd just won "World's Worst Mother" award, I splashed right along side her, in the tub with her. At least for that half hour, we had fun together and I felt good because I was engaging with her. However, within 5 minutes of getting out of the bath, she was disobeying like a little pro. Hopefully this phase will be very short lived, although we've been incredibly lucky the past 3 months or so and she's honestly been a perfect, cute, angel. I just hope we don't get 3 months of perfect, cute devil now.

1 comment:

Shellie said...

Of course, as soon as you think you have your child all figured out, she changes something on you. I guess it's their way of keeping us on our toes.