Thursday, November 01, 2007

Happy Halloween!

I was a slightly nervous this Halloween but mostly super excited to take Anne trick-or-treating. I am so happy that Anne didn't have the type of experience her friend Elanor did last year. Anne loved this holiday so much. She totally walked around by herself most of the trick or treating. She loved walking while holding her bucket. She was pretty good with all the neighbors, though definitely a little shy, but not too bad. Even some of the houses had scary decorations, and I just kept it fun, pointing out how silly they were. She wasn't scared of those at all. Then when we got home, much to John's disappointment, I let Anne have a little packet of M&M minis. Of course, she LOVED them! (John is so much better at not giving her bad foods than I am. Every single "bad" food she has ever had has been given to her from my hand.) She also played with her candy for literally an hour. She dumped it out, put it back, over and over. Whenever anyone came to the door, she would jump up, run to the door and yell "Hel-wo!" ( I don't know where she got that from because we hardly ever have anyone visit us and ring our bell...anything that I didn't teach her probably came from the sitter's...) So she had such a great time in general. Here are some pictures of Elmo...er Anne from yesterday. I


With Dada


Getting candy from one of our neighbors


Just one of the other kids






Halloween Pooch!


Eating her M&Ms.




With Mama.

1 comment:

Shellie said...

AWWWW! Anne is SO cute in her little Elmo costume with her little bucket! I LOVE these pictures! You can totally tell how much fun she had too. I love how she's so small that the bucket is practically touching the ground! You guys look so happy with her. These pictures are so sweet! April, you've got to give me a copy of the one of her walking by herself between the other kid and John with Winne. And a cropped version on her of that one too!