Thursday, October 04, 2007

SUCCESS!!!

For about the past 10 days every single bite of food that has gone into Anne's mouth has been a struggle. There were days where she literally ate 3 bites of food the entire day. This has been extremely hard on me because I do tend to be very controlling and particular in a lot of areas of my life. I have been trying very very hard to let her decide what and how much she's going to eat, but it has been tough. My temper has gotten the better of my several times during this little stint.
This morning I made Anne a fried egg. I know that she likes eggs and likes them with the yolk in tact (ie, not scrambled) so I thought she's probably eat a few bites of this. She gobbled this thing up like it was cheese! (That's a compliment!) I was so thrilled!! She ate every single bite without me having to ask and she stuffed that egg in as fast as she could. I can't tell you how good it feels to have your kid eat well on her own. And to make me doubly thrilled, I have read that egg is the second most complete food humans can eat, after breast milk. So not only did my daughter eat something on her own accord but she ate something that's just about as healthy as you can get. Yay for success! Yay for toddlers eating! I'm going to enjoy this feeling while it lasts because lunch is only a few hours away.

1 comment:

Heather said...

yay!

toddlers have such bizzaro eating habits. sigh.

i practically jump up and down when juliette eats a baby carrot--

small miracles.