Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Tuesday

On Tuesday the boat made a 2 hour stop at Hubbard Glacier. We didn't get out, just were able to stand on board and look at it. The staff of the boat later told us that evening that this was the closest the boat has gotten to the glacier in recent years.

Approaching the glacier.


Beautiful scenery as we approach the glacier.


More beautiful scenery.


A view of everyone who came out to view the glacier. This doesn't even come close to representing how many people were out. I'd honestly guess close to 100% of the 2000 people on board were out that morning viewing the glacier.


Another cruise ship making a stop to view the glacier.


Me in front of the glacier.


You can see the little yellow boat in the water in this picture. That was a boat from our ship. Some crew went out and collected large pieces of ice from the water to do ice carvings with.


John in front of the glacier.


A beautiful shot of the glacier.


Ice in the water. It is so cold in the ocean here that there is constantly pieces of ice in the water.


John and I also went rock climbing on the rock wall on the ship on Tuesday.






John suiting up. I didn't get any still pictures of him climbing, but did get a video.


Me climbing.


Me at the top. I don't know why I always want to climb the walls. I get so terrified, I am literally shaking the entire time I climb. Yet I always go back for more. This was my second attempt at climbing. The first one I got about 3/4 of the way up and turned back.


Our day on Tuesday ended as it always did, with a fun towel friend. The staff always made a different towel animal each day. I'm not sure what this one was, but we had a bunny one night, a money, an alligator, it was always really fun to come in and find what they had made that night.


Our days also always ended with mints on our pillows. They even put a pillow in Anne's crib and put mints on her pillow. They would also arrange Elmo and Ducky too. The staff on Royal Caribbean was the best I have ever seen. It was honestly the best service I have ever had in my life and probably the best service I will every have in my life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OK we need to plan another cruise soon, because I miss my meals prepared and my bed being made!!! I got spoiled, and being home again sucks!!!!